LUXEMBOURG, May 10, 2012- MicroRate, with the support of LuxFLAG and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, is announcing the hard launch of Luminis™ the first web-based, analytical platform on microfinance funds. The announcement was made today at the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry’s Responsible Investing Conference.
The success of microfinance as a socially responsible investment option led to a dramatic increase in the number of funds that invest globally in microfinance institutions. Luminis is the single resource that provides investors with objective data and analysis, enabling them to identify, compare, evaluate, and monitor microfinance funds.
The Luminis platform contains fund profiles and reports along with fund search tools and industry research to help investors understand microfinance investment. To evaluate these impact investments, the Luminis team analyzes performance, risk, social, and management (PRSM™) dimensions of each fund. This data is presented in detailed fund profiles and the analysis through in-depth fund reports.
Luminis provides information on 80 microfinance funds with detailed PRSM data on 23 of those funds.
The Luminis List
- ASN-Novib Fund (Triple Jump)
- Dexia Micro-Credit Fund – BlueOrchard Debt Sub-Fund
- Dual Return Fund – Vision Microfinance Local Currency Sub Fund
- Dual Return Fund – Vision Microfinance Sub Fund
- Dutch Microfinance Fund (Annexum)
- Etimos Fund Global Microfinance Debt
- Gawa Microfinance Fund I (Treetops Capital)
- Impulse Microfinance Investment Fund (Incofin)
- Incofin cvso (Incofin)
- Locfund L.P. (Bolivian Investment Management)
- Luxembourg Microfinance and Development Fund – Social Venture Capital Sub-Fund (ADA)
- MicroVest I, LP
- MicroVest Short Duration Fund, LP
- MicroVest+ Plus, LP
- responsAbility Global Microfinance Fund FCP
- responsAbility SICAV (Lux) Microfinance Leaders Fund Sub-Fund
- responsAbility SICAV (Lux) Mikrofinanz-Fonds Sub-Fund
- Rural Impulse Fund (Incofin)
- Rural Impulse Fund II (Incofin)
- SNS Institutional Microfinance Fund
- SNS Institutional Microfinance Fund II
- Triodos SICAV II-Triodos Microfinance Fund
“Investors will now be able to evaluate microfinance funds as a part of their larger impact investing strategy,” stated Sebastian von Stauffenberg, CEO of MicroRate. “We are excited to see how Luminis will facilitate investment into microfinance, ultimately improving financial access for billions of micro-entrepreneurs around the world.”
About Luminis (www.luminismicrofinance.com)
Luminis answers investors’ demand for greater transparency and objective analysis of microfinance investment vehicles (MIVs). Luminis is a web-based analytical service of MicroRate that provides professional investors and researchers with the necessary tools to identify, assess, and monitor MIVs that meet their individual requirements.
About MicroRate (www.microrate.com)
MicroRate is the first microfinance rating agency dedicated to evaluating performance and risk in microfinance institutions (MFIs) and microfinance funds, also known as microfinance investment vehicles (MIVs). As the oldest and most well-respected organization of its kind, MicroRate has conducted over 600 ratings of 200+ MFIs throughout Latin America, Africa, Europe, and Central Asia. MicroRate is a leading social rater and has also become the largest MIV evaluator in the industry.
About LuxFLAG (www.luxflag.org)
The LUXEMBOURG FUND LABELLING AGENCY (LuxFLAG) is an independent, non-profit-making association created in Luxembourg in July 2006. LuxFLAG supports the financing of sustainable development by providing clarity for investors through awarding its Labels to eligible Microfinance Investment Vehicles (MIVs) and Environment-related Investment Vehicles (EIVs). Its objective is to reassure investors that the labelled investment fund invests most of its assets, directly or indirectly, in the microfinance or environment sectors. The MIV/EIV may be domiciled in any jurisdiction that is subject to a level of national supervision equivalent to that available in European Union countries.